Here we have added the RRB ALP 2020 exam pattern. With this you can know about the complete exam scheme, timings, marking schemes, etc.
RRB ALP Exam Pattern – First Stage CBT
- RRB ALP Exam Pattern for the First Stage CBT has been provided below.
- The Online Test will be conducted for 75 marks
- The time duration of the exam will be 1 hour.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning|
|General Awareness on Current Affairs|
RRB ALP Exam Pattern – Second Stage CBT
- The RRB ALP Recruitment online examination will be conducted for 120 questions
- Each question carries 1 marks
- The time duration of the online exam is 2 hrs 30 minutes.
| ||Name of the Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Time Duration|
|Part A||Mathematics||25||25||90 Minutes|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
|Basic Science & Engineering||25||25|
|General Awareness on Current Affairs||25||25|
|Part B||(Check Below)||–||75||60 Minutes|
Part B questions for the Qualifying test will be selected from the following disciplines:
Electrical & Combination of Electrical Engineering
- Electrician / Instrument Mechanic / Wireman / Winder (Armature) / Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic.
Electronics & Combination of Electronics Engineering
- Electronics Mechanic / Mechanic Radio & TV
Electronics & Combination of Mechanical Engineering
- Fitter / Mechanic Motor Vehicle / Tractor Mechanic / Mechanic Diesel / Turner / Machinist / Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic/ Heat Engine / Millwright Maintenance Mechanic
Automobile & Combination of Automobile Engineering
- Mechanic Motor Vehicle / Tractor Mechanic / Mechanic Diesel / Heat Engine / Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
HSC(10+2) with Physics and Maths
- Electrician / Electronics Mechanic / Wireman
Computer-Based Aptitude Test (CBAT)
Computer-Based Aptitude Test is a must for candidates who have opted for ALP. The candidate needs to secure a minimum score of 42 marks in each of the test batteries to qualify. This is applicable to all candidates and there will be no relaxation. The Computer Based Aptitude Test shall have questions and answer options only in English and Hindi. There shall be no negative marking in the Computer Based Aptitude Test.
RRB Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP)Job Profile
RRB ALP and technician job profile a lot of work they need to look after. The responsibilities of an Assistant Loco Pilot include:
- Work as per directives of the Loco Pilots.
- To Assist Loco Driver with the fine-tuning of the locomotives.
- Assessment of the locomotive to check its efficiency.
- Minor repairing of the locomotives.
- Spotting the defects in the tracks and report them.
RRB ALP Career Growth
There is good growth in ALP post within 3 years and the Assistant loco pilot can be promoted to senior assistant loco pilot.
- Assistant Loco Pilot
- Senior Assistant Loco Pilot
- Loco Pilot
- Loco Supervisor